Tel: 029 2035 1449

Wills Protective Property Trust Power of Attorney Funeral Plans
Protective Property Trust An important consideration for couples these days is the inclusion of a Protective Property Trust in the Will.
With a Protective Property Trust you can help protect your share and make sure it gets passed on to your loved ones.

Without it your share of the family home could be used to fund care costs for your partner.

Under current legislation if a person goes into care the local authority has the power under the Community Care Act 1990 to sell the house and use the money to fund that person's care. This is a great worry to many people who feel it is unfair that the home they have worked hard for over the years could be lost if they ever needed long term care.

Unfortunately the cost of funding long term care can literally wipe out your entire savings, and your home may have to be sold to pay for continued care.

This could mean that your loved ones receive very little or even nothing at all of what you intended them to have.

A Protective Property Trust from the Futuresafe Partnership gives you peace of mind knowing that should your surviving partner ever need care, your share of the family home may not be used to fund the cost of that care. It also provides further reassurance that should they remarry, your share is protected for your chosen beneficiaries to inherit and won't be passed to another family.
How much does it cost?

We offer a free, no obligation home visit – there is nothing to pay upfront, and if you decide to proceed with the Protective Property Trust the complete cost of the package is only £390 + VAT which includes all of the following benefits:
Professionally drafted wills incorporating protective property trust
Lifetime secure storage of your wills with copies to keep at home
Unlimited future updates at a preferential rate
A complete satisfaction guarantee

Need more information?
Request Info PackTalk To UsFAQ's

What is a Protective Property Trust Will?

A protective property trust Will is a Will designed to help protect your property from an assessment to long term care fees. The half share of the family home belonging to the first spouse to die passes into the trust upon their death. The trust provides a life interest in favour of the surviving spouse which means that they can benefit from the share of the house in the trust during their lifetime. Upon their death the trust fund passes to others, usually the children of the family.

What happens to the title deeds of the property?

When you make your Protective Property Trusts Wills you need to ensure that the property is owned in your joint names as tenants in common (we check this and organise the change for you if required.) After death of the first spouse the legal title should be transferred into the joint names of the surviving spouse and the trustees (these are usually the same persons as your executors,) the surviving partner can be one of the trustees.

Isn't it easier if we simply give our property to our children today?

This may seem a straightforward option, however, you are vulnerable should any of your children become bankrupt, get divorced or die during your lifetime. If any of these events occurred, a sale of the property could be forced to make the child's share available to his or her creditors/the court or executors. Or you might simply fall out with your children and they could request that the property be sold so that they can receive their share of the cash proceeds of the sale.

What if the surviving spouse wants to move house?

This is not a problem. The family home can be sold and an alternative property purchased. If the property which is purchased costs less than the original property, any profit would have to be shared equally between the surviving spouse and the trustees (usually the children).

What if I change my mind?

Since the trust does not come into existence until the first spouse dies, you can simply change your Wills before this time.