Advantages of planning ahead
1. The cost is determined at the outset and secured at today's prices no matter how much they rise in the future.
2. You make all the decisions and can include any specific wishes.
3. It can bring peace of mind knowing that everything has been taken care of.
4. It makes things easier for your relatives knowing that they are doing what you wish.
Choose the funeral you want and remove the financial burden from your loved ones
This is your chance to put your affairs in order and protect those closest to you from the stress and expense of arranging your funeral. With a funeral plan you decide exactly how you want your funeral to be. By planning it now, you're taking difficult decisions away from the people you care about - helping them at what will undoubtedly be a stressful time.
Three simple steps towards complete peace of mind
1. Choose the funeral plan that best suits your needs from a range of plans starting from as little as £2,370 up to £4,239 depending on the type of plan you require.
2. Choose how you wish to pay with flexible payment options including single payment by credit/debit card or cheque, interest free monthly instalments up to 12 months, or via fixed monthly payments
3. Complete the simple application form.
In association with the leading independent funeral plan providers in the UK
We work with both Golden Charter and Golden Leaves, the UK's two largest independent funeral plan providers and we are sure that we will be able to recommend a plan that suits your needs perfectly.Need more information?
Why should I plan in advance?
Funeral costs have soared over the last few years and are continuing to rise. The cost of arranging a funeral can cause severe financial strain for the family, but choosing to cover these costs in advance is a very practical and thoughtful solution.
By planning ahead you are taking difficult decisions away from the people you care about and helping them at what will undoubtedly be a stressful time.
What happens if funeral costs rise dramatically?
A funeral plan is designed to cover the full cost of the funeral director's services, minister's fees and the cremation fee regardless of how far in the future it is needed or by how much costs have risen.
I have savings, why do I need a funeral plan?
A funeral plan offers a better financial option than keeping money in a savings account to pay for future costs. Funeral costs continue to rise but savings account interest has remained very low, Having money in your savings account can also reduce the amount of benefits you receive; funeral plans are not means tested and are therefore not taken in account when calculating any benefits you might be entitled to receive.
Can I choose my own funeral director?
Yes you can, provided they are included in the list of approved funeral directors for the funeral plan you have chosen. Alternatively a funeral director can be appointed for you.
Can I take out a plan for someone else?
Yes, as long as they are aged 50 or over. It is very simple to arrange and all correspondence will be sent to the person arranging and paying for the plan.